It was 37 degrees with humid ex today...98F so of course today was the day I decided to clean the house and get caught up on some laundry. Yes that was wise. Lets move and bend and turn on the dryer all day! Yeah that's smart. The only good thing is I think I perspired oh about 25lbs off of myself. Not really but mercy at one point sweat was rolling right down the middle of my back. How's that for a visual. I remember once a great lady rebuking me and saying "Julie...boys sweat - girls glisten. Boys get hot - girls get warm". I don't think this women had entered into the land of menopause. Oh yes I did glisten from head to toe. As a matter of fact I'm sure they saw me glistening from the airplanes flying overhead. I went to the hardware store tonight and hung out around the portable air conditioner. I convinced myself for a nano-second the $599.00 plus our beloved 13% sales tax was worth it but I snapped out of it as my body temperature lowered. I'll be in Ingonish soon in my air conditioned trailer. I will not be back any time soon. Maybe Fall when this heat is over. I am not a warm weather girl. I'm a spring if it isn't raining, Fall if it isn't raining and winter if it isn't freezing raining type of girl. This is not for me. I wonder if skinny people mind the heat like us over weight, 40 somethings? Those are the chicks who are glistening those are the yummy mommies...whatever! Well I'm going to attempt to go upstairs now and take my new $19.99 Honeywell fan with me. That's the difference between a stay at home Mama and an executive Mama. If I was still an executive I'd be unpacking the $599.00 air conditioner right now but the new stay at home Mama is glad to have the fan and a baby girl that appreciates the sacrifice. Oh she'll appreciate it because I'm already practicing my speech...yes I am. Mama- glistening in the night air - out!

About Me
- Julie Chaisson
- I am a 40 something Christian woman who is wanting to live her life wide open to make a difference in the world for God. I'm married to Mike and have two sons Matt and Andrew and a baby girl named Emily. We are embarking on an adventure together to help stop the world's orphan crisis.
Labels
- adoption (1)
- Bedtime woes (2)
- Blah Blah Blah (1)
- Brothers (1)
- cooking (1)
- Critters (1)
- Emily (4)
- Family (3)
- Fun (1)
- God Things (1)
- Halloween (1)
- Housework (1)
- Letting Children Grow Up (1)
- Menopause (2)
- Mom (2)
- Money saving ideas (1)
- Parenting (3)
- Potty training (1)
- service (1)
- Toilet Training (1)
Twitter Feed
Pageviews
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(56)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Go RVing
- It's a squirrel party!
- Stuck then Unstuck!
- Oh How the Time Has Flown
- Oh the Humidity!
- Movie Night
- The New Cleaning Lady
- On the Ragged Edge!
- On top of Everything Now a Rash!
- Still Battling a Fever
- Oh Sweet Babies and Sweet Menopause
- Back to work
- Back at It
- What a Blessing
- Dolls, Dolls and more Dolls
- Tomorrow is Mammogram Day!
- I'm Finally Back Home
-
▼
July
(17)
Labels:
Menopause
It was 37 degrees with humid ex today...98F so of course today was the day I decided to clean the house and get caught up on some laundry. Yes that was wise. Lets move and bend and turn on the dryer all day! Yeah that's smart. The only good thing is I think I perspired oh about 25lbs off of myself. Not really but mercy at one point sweat was rolling right down the middle of my back. How's that for a visual. I remember once a great lady rebuking me and saying "Julie...boys sweat - girls glisten. Boys get hot - girls get warm". I don't think this women had entered into the land of menopause. Oh yes I did glisten from head to toe. As a matter of fact I'm sure they saw me glistening from the airplanes flying overhead. I went to the hardware store tonight and hung out around the portable air conditioner. I convinced myself for a nano-second the $599.00 plus our beloved 13% sales tax was worth it but I snapped out of it as my body temperature lowered. I'll be in Ingonish soon in my air conditioned trailer. I will not be back any time soon. Maybe Fall when this heat is over. I am not a warm weather girl. I'm a spring if it isn't raining, Fall if it isn't raining and winter if it isn't freezing raining type of girl. This is not for me. I wonder if skinny people mind the heat like us over weight, 40 somethings? Those are the chicks who are glistening those are the yummy mommies...whatever! Well I'm going to attempt to go upstairs now and take my new $19.99 Honeywell fan with me. That's the difference between a stay at home Mama and an executive Mama. If I was still an executive I'd be unpacking the $599.00 air conditioner right now but the new stay at home Mama is glad to have the fan and a baby girl that appreciates the sacrifice. Oh she'll appreciate it because I'm already practicing my speech...yes I am. Mama- glistening in the night air - out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(c) A Mature Mama.....Write On!
WP theme by | Courtesy of Piercing, Converted to blogpost template by BloggerThemes.Net

0 comments:
Post a Comment