
About Me
- Julie Chaisson
- I am a 40 something Christian woman who is wanting to live her life wide open to make a difference in the world for God. I'm married to Mike and have two sons Matt and Andrew and a baby girl named Emily. We are embarking on an adventure together to help stop the world's orphan crisis.
Labels
- adoption (1)
- Bedtime woes (2)
- Blah Blah Blah (1)
- Brothers (1)
- cooking (1)
- Critters (1)
- Emily (4)
- Family (3)
- Fun (1)
- God Things (1)
- Halloween (1)
- Housework (1)
- Letting Children Grow Up (1)
- Menopause (2)
- Mom (2)
- Money saving ideas (1)
- Parenting (3)
- Potty training (1)
- service (1)
- Toilet Training (1)
Twitter Feed
Pageviews
Three words....Whaaaaaa.....Whaaaaaaa......Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......get the picture. We arrived safe and sound in PEI...other than the dead crow no beg thang...but Baby Girl hates and I mean hates the play pen. I'm beginning to wonder if at the orphanage she was put in it for a time out or something because she goes ballistic just if I set it up. Day four and Day five were brutal. Monday was as bad if not worse than our first day at family camp. Finally at 12:30 I packed her and Andrew up in the truck and drove back and forth to North Rustico and not for lobster suppers. Finally she went to sleep. I parked the truck and in my haste opened the door lights blared inside and well I left the lights outside on so...ding...ding...ding...ding....panic....get everything closed...still sleeping. I gently placed her back in the hell pen as I'm affectionately referring to it by now and she was fine for about one minute. I of course in my panic not to wake her I bumped the d....a.....rrrrr....n thing and the screaming started all over again. She screamed for about 1/2 an hour and at about 2 finally went to sleep. I crashed hard. Trailers were packing up all around us the next day. We didn't have anyone near us by the next afternoon. I wish I could say she slept all night but like clockwork at first light which is 5:00 it started all over again. I just brought her to bed with me. The screaming I can take but the barfing that goes along with it is what sends me over the edge. She has learned that well if she screams loud enough she will gag and voila barf city. I do not know how single people do it. I'm not even really single cause I have Son #2 for help but whoa baby he's a good boy cause any other almost 16 year old would have run screaming long ago. I was determined to figure out the problem so I dug out the crib guard from our last trailer and jerry rigged up a bed and plunked her in it for a nap yesterday and well she only cried for about 2 minutes then went to sleep. I wasn't going to get too excited because she was exhausted from the lack of sleep. I put her in it again last night and she slept well and tonight well not so great...we're about 1/2 hour into the crying but it isn't the hard core screaming it was all the other nights. This too will pass. In spite of all the screaming we did have a good time on the Island. All Son#2 wanted to do was shop so anything he wanted I was getting him...but those of you that know him well that just isn't something he is comfortable with but I did manage to get him a few things he was just lookin for the "deal". I bought a new shaker but Son #2 said it looked like 5 boobs on a stick...once I looked at it I realized that hey it did...so we have now renamed it the (all you Christians out there plug your ears)....the tittie shaker. hee hee. Let's just say it isn't something I can even play now without busting a gut laughing...so you won't see it in church unless I can reshape it somehow. Shame cause it sounded great. We rehooked the trailer for the first time today. It actually didn't go too bad. A couple of hiccups but we figured them out. We must look like knobs with our little notebook of instructions I've scribbled down. I missed an exit and had to pull a U-turn which was interesting...and well I took a wrong exit and actually got lost. I was on a back road and well figured we'd be in Doaktown before I would find a place big enough to swing the truck and trailer around and said as much to Son #2. Voila biggest church parking lot in NB I'm sure. God in all his sovereignty placed that church there just for us about 30 years ago that's my story anyway it was cute Son #2 said "God is good Mom..." you betcha. When we arrived this man said wow...my wife would be too afraid to drive something that big...again...no she's not stupid enough to! I am getting the hang of it though and actually backed in with only two tries this time. I will however let DH drive it back on Sunday. I just want my cruise control back. We are in NB now and DH and Son #1 will join us tomorrow. It will be nice to have my boys back together even if it's only for a couple of days. Please pray for DH's dad who is back in the hospital again with fluid on his lungs. Pray for safe travels for DH and Son #1 tomorrow. All's well on the road...I hear little snores and I finally have internet access to update y'all. I'll post prom and graduation pic's when I get back on Sunday. Monday is Son#2's sweet sixteen. Hard to imagine. That's all from the park...trailer park that is....Mama out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(c) A Mature Mama.....Write On!
WP theme by | Courtesy of Piercing, Converted to blogpost template by BloggerThemes.Net

1 comments:
Julie, Julie!!! I think I'm more stressed than you just from reading this!! :) Please come home!!!! ha ha!!
Post a Comment