On the Road Again Day Four





























We were up early and on the go to King's Island today. It's like Canada's Wonderland. We met the folks from the Phillip Hayden Foundation. Gas here is so cheap it cost us 48.00 dollars to fill our vehicle. That's nuts. We drove by this church it's called the Solid Rock Church. They had a statue of Jesus coming out of this lake in front of it and it was like nothing I have ever seen before. It was massive. I attached a picture from their website. We found out the church calls it the King of Kings...but the locals call it the "Touchdown Jesus"...well you look at it and you will see why. Incredible thing. So we missed the stupid exit which made us late surprise surprise. I don't know where we thought we were going....maybe Crystal Palace. We'll park...dash in. Try park half mile away.....get scanned like at the airport....wait in a big line up then try and find people when you weren't where you were supposed to be at the right time. Good news is everyone was late....kindred spirits I love it. God has blessed us in big ways and little ways on this trip. In the line to get in a man 50 people ahead of us looked at me and said would you like a coupon to get 1/2 off your tickets "does a chicken have lips"! Yes sir saved us $50.00. The coupon was good for 6 tickets so we let "our cup run over" into the families behind us and shared with them. Felt good to get it and to give it. Pay it forward baby. Emily loved the rides and I mean loved them. I attached a few photos so you could see how incredibly brave she was. We couldn't go on the rides because apparently now they have a weight and height restriction. Either I was much thinner and shorter when the boys were little cause we always went on with them but not here. Only on the merry go round and the Timmy the Airplane and I will spare you the pics of me jammed into that. She had a great day. We did miss the boys though. Crazy rides. There was one that put two guys...yes guys were the only people in the line up to pay $20.00 each to be strapped into a metal ball with a buddy....attached to a be spring type thing. It was called the slingshot for a reason. These guys shot up in the air about 450 feet with squeals of curse words a mile long mixed with peals of laughter. It was too funny to watch. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to get on it let alone convince me to give someone money to do it. We had lunch at the park and met truly amazing families and kids. It was a bit overwhelming. What beautiful beautiful children. The spirits of these families are incredible. The children just make you want to weep when you see them with their special needs and how happy they are and the miracle that adoption truly is. We left the park at three and we were so close to Cincinnati we decided to drive there...when we were there we were so close to Kentucky we decided to keep on going. You know what's coming we just kept driving. DH's brother is working in Jamestown Kentucky which is close to Tennessee and he has never met Emily and well we couldn't possibly be that close and not go see him. It's been a while and it was so nice to have a few hours with him anyway. He took us out to supper to a place called the Porch. (Oh Vic if you're reading this we left in such a rush I don't think we actually thanked you for supper....thank you thank you thank you)....we ordered deep fried dill pickles...sounds grouse but you know what I liked them. Couldn't eat anything in China but bread up a big ole pickle and I start to drool. The best part
was the Karaoke. The whole time through dinner all the older people in this very small town filed in with their Karaoke cd's in hand and one by one proceeded to sing. They actually were pretty good I thought. A few duds but for the most part I really liked it. Did I mention Emily was a brat...that's another story. We went to see DH's brothers big D A M project he is working on and DH thought he would let DHB drive. Oh baby the tears flew. She did warm up after a while but it was too bad cause she really is cute and doesn't usually chuck food, slap our faces, yell when people are trying to sing Karaoke...you know the drill. It really was great to visit. We did pay for it though. We didn't get back to Dayton until a little after 1:00 and well then Emily was toast for about an hour but at about 3:00 we dosed off until 7:00 cause we had to be at the church by 7:00...yawn....Have a look at the pics ...oh I also stuck in one of the project Big Bro is working on...pretty incredible....hope you enjoy. Mama....on the road out.

0 comments: