On the Road Again Day Six and Seven

Day Six - We drove and drove and drove and did I say we drove. Emily did really well in the car but I'm sure she wishes she were home sweet home. DH and I picked up a book on the way outside of Buffalo. I spent the day reading to my sweetie. Here is some of what God is teaching us on our road trip. About dreams. God has placed in everyone a dream. Did you read that? God has placed in everyone a dream. Everyone's is different but everyone has one. You may have buried yours long ago but it's there. DH and I spent hours talking about our dreams and where we are in our lives and what's next on the horizen for us. That's what this trip was about it was about DH and I connecting our dreams and then handing them all over to God. We had intended to travel to Woodstock but there wasn't any hotel rooms available so we stayed at the Whitehouse Best Western in Bangor. It was a nice treat to stop driving at a decent hour and the room they gave us was an older room with a big old four poster bed. Just a relaxing night.


Day Seven: Up early and off to Bristol to pick up the boys. We got there about 11:30. We missed the boys. We wished they were with us at the Amusment Park but they are doing so well at camp. Both boys came running to the car to see the baby and she was ecstatic to see them. Me too. I do love my boys. Son #1 is growing so much in his faith. He has grown this summer in leaps and bounds. I can't believe it's almost over for him. I'm hoping he'll be able to spend a week in Ingonish with me. Son #2 is excited to go home but is leaning towards applying to work at camp next summer too. I would miss him but I know it would be good for him. That's a whole year away though and we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. It was nice though that the girls in the kitchen miss DH. He loved working with them at family camp and was an encouragment to them and why not he's a great guy. We took the boys out for stuffed crust pizza and Son #1 was able to take a couple of hours and go with us. Great end to a great week. We were touched this past week. We are not the same people coming back that started this road trip but that's ok. We are excited to see what God has in store for our family. All we know is that no matter what we are willing to do whatever absolutely whatever He requires of us to further His needs. That's scary to us but freeing at the same time. Please pray for us over these next weeks and months as we pray about discisions that will move us forward to fulfill God's dream for our lives. I'm off tomorrow again with the trailer. I'm not sure if I have internet access so if you don't hear from me I'm still around just riding a wave somewhere on the Atlantic Ocean and will catch you up when I get home. Or who knows maybe you'll hear from me sooner. Mama home and down for the count.

0 comments: