Jet Lag....ZzZzZzZz


Jet Lag spelled backwards is "Man do you look like a bag of dirt"! Not really but close. I really didn't think that it would be this difficult to adapt to the time change. Emily's done great. Babies are pretty resilient anyway but she's settling in nicely. She hasn't figured out the whole "white folk" thing. She just stares when people aren't looking mesmerized by the difference in our faces compared to the faces she is accustomed too. The smells are different, the sounds are different and definitely the weather is different. Poor little lambie chatters her teeth if the temperature is anything less than 25 degrees. We're all walking around in our underwear cause we're sweating to death so if you're planning a visit for heaven's sake knock. Someone at NSPC is going man what's going on the heat's on at that house! I've adapted well to being a new older Mom again. Our house sitters had to move the T.V. into the kitchen. I can't bring myself to move it back out. I've become addicted to talk shows. You know the kind...."in the case of baby (you fill in the name) you ARE NOT the father"! This t.v. has definitely got to go. Just to let you know how little t.v. I watched prior to this I actually bought a paper before we left and as I read through it the headline was "Sadam Hanged"...gasp....couple of pages in..."Gerald Ford died"...WHAT....couple more pages...."James Brown Gone"...you get the picture. I put the paper down by the way because I just didn't want to see who else bit the dust. Our house now is preoccupied with poop. Yes "was it green"..."ewh it's so black"..."it's hard"..."it was soft" the worries we had a few months ago are non existent. Being a Mature Mama has made for some interesting times. My stamina isn't exactly there anymore especially with the jet lag. It's nice to talk to my younger yummy mommy friends to see what's hot and what's not in baby stuff. I did learn that Baby Mum Mum's are a must. They are crack cocaine to babies or at least that is what one of my friends said and she's right. Baby girl loves them. They're crunchy and she can hold them in her hand and well just keep them comin. I was watching on one of my talk shows that the oldest woman to ever give birth just gave birth to twins, she was 67 years old. Wow I'm a spring chicken compared to 67 I have like 24 more good years left. I was thinking that there is advantages to having children that old. You can nap as much as the baby, you can hey you can breast feed standing up, the Depends are only one aisle over from the Huggies...ok ok...I'll stop. God love her. She did say she was looking for a younger husband dah...someone needs to be alive to raise the little lambies...ok I'll really stop now. Baby girl is sleeping so I'm going to try and unpack another suitcase. Yes I know I know all you organized clean freaks reading this...I still have my luggage all over my living room but it will get done..hopefully before I have to go back to work in September. Remember God Rocks! Have a great day. Mama from the sofa signing out!

1 comments:

Tamara, Matt, Bethany and Madelyn said...

Hey, I linked to this through the other website. Glad the Mum Mums were a hit, they're always good during a fussy time at our house!!! Hope the jetlag lets up soon!
Tamara
mattandtamara.blogspot.com