Thar We All Blow!

What a wicked couple of days. It started with me on Sunday night. We had friends over for the Super Bowl and I started to feel queasy and my belly was a wee bit flip floppy. By about 11:30 I found my friend Mr. Toilet Bowl and we became intimate friends, real intimate friends. I visited my new friend about once every half hour whether I needed to or not. We got to know each other really really well. Just when I thought I couldn't possibly stand my new friend anymore it just got worse until at last 7 hours later I slept. Then I slept and slept and slept and slept some more. Good thing My DH was there to care for Baby Emily cause I sure couldn't unless he put her in the toilet bowl...and well they frown on that. Now if it ended there that would be normal but here in this household normal is not a word we use much or at least it never seems to work out that way lately. Son #1 and Son #2 babysat while my DH went to an appointment. By 8:30 Son #1 was introducing himself to my new friend and Son #2 wasn't far behind. Now that wouldn't have been too bad however when my DH insisted on meeting my new friend we now had 4 out of the 5 people in the house dying to meet Mr. Toilet, Mr. Bowl, The Hurlmyster, and finally Upchuck man. Now women we suffer in silence, not men. I awoke to Son #2 who sounded like he was upchucking a Volkswagen, Son #1 who never did do the throw up thing well did what he usually did and sort of made it to the bathroom. DH came home to much barf and oh did I mention the stupid dog has the runs too! Now all of this from one little baby from China. I can't imagine that this is the bug she had because she was smiley and her usual pleasant self while she was barfing and pooping. I have a whole new respect for her but then of course she is a girl ...the whole suffer in silence thing. At one point I did have a bit of a meltdown because by about 1:00 in the afternoon no one had checked to see if I had croaked so I made an appearance, had the meltdown, did the guilt I almost died speech and just waited for them to get it so I could so pay them all back. I envisioned ways to make them beg for Gatorade but alas I do have a heart and spent the day caring for the three of them. Emily and I are fine. I'm about 4 pounds lighter literally and well God even works out our barfing schedules because if all four of us were hit at the same time with this I don't know what we would have done given Emily won't go with anyone other than us. Well she did actually go to our friend Shelly the other night which is progress! How do you make that phone call...hey Shell....Jul here...we're all pooping ourselves and barfing but if you have a spare minute could yah come and watch the baby...Hopefully we'll all be back to normal whatever that is tomorrow. In the meantime I'm washing the house with disinfectant cause I do not what a double bout of this. Until next timeMama out...(all out if you know what I mean!).

0 comments: