

The snot sucker is my friend! I had forgotten about this little tool that mother's use. You know the thing that looks like a mini turkey baster that you simply squeeze first then jam it up your child's nose and viola you are left with either a string of sticky snot hanging from the child's nose or a booger firmly lodged in the tool. Now the booger thing is awesome because the snot sucker can also be used as a booger launcher. Let's just say that the boys have been extra special listeners since the snot sucker arrived. I was wondering today, who invents something like this? A mom that's who. A Mom who was sitting shack cracked for some adult conversation and her mind wandered in her delirious state thinking..."hey if I take one of those rubber balls my little angel is playing with and attach an eye dropper to the end I bet it would suck snot...all you Mom's out there you know I'm right. My little bundle of joy is leaking body fluid everywhere. She's teething. Yes our sweet China girl looks like a drooling mad dog...her nose is running, her mouth is running, her eyes are running and as Son#1 put it when he was changing her...."Mom she has a rash on her woofy...you might want to check". Let's just say that I'm sure he didn't dream 6 months ago that the term rash and woofy would be used with his Mother in a million years. The young men in my house have been awesome with Emily. They have babysat a couple of times and like clockwork each time she had a big ole poop. I'm kind of excited by it because well....I'm liking that they have to change it. Sweet Victory for me I say. I have officially shut the TV off in the day time...well most of the daytime...I can't miss Oprah. A dear friend of mine described a tv addict today turning into..."a one eyed monster'. I can believe it. Ask me ask me about any crazy talk show and I can answer it and well I've remodelled my house a million times after watching 3 weeks of Trading Spaces, Decorate My Space, How Not to Decorate, Clean Sweep and praise the Lord What Not to Eat....all that show did was make me hungry. I'm finding my days more bearable now that I'm not addicted to the tube. I found out a couple of things this week....vinegar strips the finish off of prefinished floors (don't ask), when checking the babies sheets for "stuff" check all the blankets (not just the sheets), I still love to lick the cake bowl and when you're over forty you can't eat raw dough anymore. Yes Raw Dough....I know I know you health nuts are cringing right now but in my Newfoundland home growing up we ate baked dough, fried dough and on occasion (for me whenever Mom made bread) RAW DOUGH. I love raw dough or should say loved it! Apparently I must have eaten it after it rose because take it from me never never eat dough before it has risen cause well it rises in your belly, it rises in your esophagus and in other places to personal to mention...I was kind of like the Pillsbury Dough Girl if you know what I mean. Takes about 24 hours to go away! No more dough for Mama. Life on the Mommy train is getting better. The house is clean "today", I'm settling in "sort of" and I truly am loving my family life "for real". God is so good. God has truly blessed us and I can't even remember what we did before Emily arrived, I'm just glad that she did. Mike and I are truly becoming more and more dedicated to the cause of Orphans in the world. We aren't sure how God is going to use us beyond what he already has however we are certain that we will do whatever He wants us to do to help and be a voice. Here is a scary statistic, the United Nations estimates that there are over143 million orphans in the world right now. How crazy is that! That's almost 5 times the population of Canada! There is so much that we can do...short term, long term missions, maybe adopting again, helping other families know the joy of adoption, helping to connect children with families or funding to families...there are tons of opportunities. Please pray that we would know God's will for us in this matter. What an awesome opportunity! At home and beginning to love it...Mama out!



0 comments:
Post a Comment