Well it's a New Year and a new day and time for a fresh start. That's what I love about a new year it's a time when I always reflect and it literally is a fresh beginning. Time to start moving! Time to start making a difference. I'm truly looking forward to this year and what God has planned for us. I realise there are no guarantees about what may or may not happen good, bad or otherwise. However, I am prayerfully awaiting what God has in store for us this year. It will be a year of firsts for us. Son#1 is off to University in September, Lord willing. We will have a year of firsts for everything involving Emily. We will travel to China for the first time and hopefully not the last! I'm praying that this will be the year that our group puts out our first CD. Laurie if you're reading this....couldn't resist! So here it is my shortlist of what I want to focus on this year. I want to pray more. I've quickly come to realise the more I pray the more in God's will I am and the more in God's will I am, the better I feel and the better things go (dah go figure). I am going to study as opposed to reading my Bible more. I have a Greek and Hebrew dictionary and love love love it! I am going to be a better Mom and wife this year and I'm really looking forward to caring for my family in more practical ways that I haven't been able to. I will not be working full time at my job for a couple of months and I can't wait to just care for my men and my baby girl! Now I might be screaming in 8 weeks I need work but I hope not I really hope not. Some days I wish I was a "normal" Mom but Son #2 tells me he likes having a "looney" Mom and wouldn't have it any other way. So I guess I can't change now. Pray for Emily...hee hee. One of the things I am most proud of myself for in 2006 is I said I would write more and I did. Goobs more than the year before. I wrote every single day not missing one. What a treat to look back over the year and actually have a written record of the ups and downs of the year. It's a habit I intend to keep. This year I intend to take it one step further and actually finish one of the books I've been working on. I have part of a kids book done, I have part of a business book finished, I have part of a bible study done that has blessed me big time and I have a collection of four or five short stories completed. Blame it on my ADHD but as things whirled around in my head all year I put them down. Now here is what I am praying for 2007 and it would surely help if I had a bit of prayer help from all of you as well. I have always wanted to write a book. Sounds crazy but ever since I was a little girl I said I would. It has been on every goal list that I've written for as long as I can remember. It's high up in my To Do Before I Die List and I've let Satan push my buttons and tell me that I'm not good enough but not anymore. I truly believe that God wants me to do this because ever second of the day it's there. Here is my dilemma. I've written all of the things that I've wanted to write but what does God want me to write? I have all of this started and I wonder which one does He want me to finish first? I attended a study that Beth Moore conducted and I was mesmerized by her and her ability to take God's Word and make it so practical and a big part of me when I was watching her kept saying "Wow that's what I would love to do"! That's what juices me up teaching and learning and writing and spending time with other women. That was a big learning for me last year. Ok back on track here is what I need you to pray. Please pray that as I start the year and as I walk every day that each day I would be open to God's plan for my life. As I start down this path that I would have my eyes and ears open to Him and His desires and that as I pursue this dream that He would affirm it or not affirm it so that I can move on. Pray that as I write I write what He directs me to. I will always write I can't help it. How awesome to be able to use it to make a difference in His Kingdom! So there it is the list is done. I'm off this morning to move more and go for a long walk to reflect, rejoice, relax and rejuvenate my Spirit. Happy New Year to you all. I am truly blessed with family, friends and work peers that I truly love and are always there for me. I couldn't do what I do without each of you. Love you all!
About Me
- Julie Chaisson
- I am a 40 something Christian woman who is wanting to live her life wide open to make a difference in the world for God. I'm married to Mike and have two sons Matt and Andrew and a baby girl named Emily. We are embarking on an adventure together to help stop the world's orphan crisis.
Labels
- adoption (1)
- Bedtime woes (2)
- Blah Blah Blah (1)
- Brothers (1)
- cooking (1)
- Critters (1)
- Emily (4)
- Family (3)
- Fun (1)
- God Things (1)
- Halloween (1)
- Housework (1)
- Letting Children Grow Up (1)
- Menopause (2)
- Mom (2)
- Money saving ideas (1)
- Parenting (3)
- Potty training (1)
- service (1)
- Toilet Training (1)
Twitter Feed
Pageviews
Well it's a New Year and a new day and time for a fresh start. That's what I love about a new year it's a time when I always reflect and it literally is a fresh beginning. Time to start moving! Time to start making a difference. I'm truly looking forward to this year and what God has planned for us. I realise there are no guarantees about what may or may not happen good, bad or otherwise. However, I am prayerfully awaiting what God has in store for us this year. It will be a year of firsts for us. Son#1 is off to University in September, Lord willing. We will have a year of firsts for everything involving Emily. We will travel to China for the first time and hopefully not the last! I'm praying that this will be the year that our group puts out our first CD. Laurie if you're reading this....couldn't resist! So here it is my shortlist of what I want to focus on this year. I want to pray more. I've quickly come to realise the more I pray the more in God's will I am and the more in God's will I am, the better I feel and the better things go (dah go figure). I am going to study as opposed to reading my Bible more. I have a Greek and Hebrew dictionary and love love love it! I am going to be a better Mom and wife this year and I'm really looking forward to caring for my family in more practical ways that I haven't been able to. I will not be working full time at my job for a couple of months and I can't wait to just care for my men and my baby girl! Now I might be screaming in 8 weeks I need work but I hope not I really hope not. Some days I wish I was a "normal" Mom but Son #2 tells me he likes having a "looney" Mom and wouldn't have it any other way. So I guess I can't change now. Pray for Emily...hee hee. One of the things I am most proud of myself for in 2006 is I said I would write more and I did. Goobs more than the year before. I wrote every single day not missing one. What a treat to look back over the year and actually have a written record of the ups and downs of the year. It's a habit I intend to keep. This year I intend to take it one step further and actually finish one of the books I've been working on. I have part of a kids book done, I have part of a business book finished, I have part of a bible study done that has blessed me big time and I have a collection of four or five short stories completed. Blame it on my ADHD but as things whirled around in my head all year I put them down. Now here is what I am praying for 2007 and it would surely help if I had a bit of prayer help from all of you as well. I have always wanted to write a book. Sounds crazy but ever since I was a little girl I said I would. It has been on every goal list that I've written for as long as I can remember. It's high up in my To Do Before I Die List and I've let Satan push my buttons and tell me that I'm not good enough but not anymore. I truly believe that God wants me to do this because ever second of the day it's there. Here is my dilemma. I've written all of the things that I've wanted to write but what does God want me to write? I have all of this started and I wonder which one does He want me to finish first? I attended a study that Beth Moore conducted and I was mesmerized by her and her ability to take God's Word and make it so practical and a big part of me when I was watching her kept saying "Wow that's what I would love to do"! That's what juices me up teaching and learning and writing and spending time with other women. That was a big learning for me last year. Ok back on track here is what I need you to pray. Please pray that as I start the year and as I walk every day that each day I would be open to God's plan for my life. As I start down this path that I would have my eyes and ears open to Him and His desires and that as I pursue this dream that He would affirm it or not affirm it so that I can move on. Pray that as I write I write what He directs me to. I will always write I can't help it. How awesome to be able to use it to make a difference in His Kingdom! So there it is the list is done. I'm off this morning to move more and go for a long walk to reflect, rejoice, relax and rejuvenate my Spirit. Happy New Year to you all. I am truly blessed with family, friends and work peers that I truly love and are always there for me. I couldn't do what I do without each of you. Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(c) A Mature Mama.....Write On!
WP theme by | Courtesy of Piercing, Converted to blogpost template by BloggerThemes.Net

1 comments:
Too funny, dancing turkey????that has to be the turducken that got away......9 more sleeps to go
Post a Comment