To Pack or Not to Pack That is the Question!



Well this is sort of what I am feeling like right now. How do I decide what to take and leave behind. The packing lists are humongous and I've been shopping for a week to get everything. I can't believe I'm going to say this but if I have to go shopping again before I leave I'm going to scream! The men in my life say hey two pairs of underwear, jeans and a t-shirt they're good for at least a week. I had a bit of an anxiety attack the last few days. It is really hitting me the awesome responsibility that God has given us to raise this wee one for Him. I am so afraid that I will mess up some how. A dear friend of mine today told me that the two I have are just fine and that it's better to be humble about it than thinking we have it all figured out. Here's what I know without God I am nothing; can do nothing and I take credit for nothing. My poor DH I'm sure just wants to get there he is so excited to try the different foods and all you out there who know him and have travelled with him I doubt he will even sleep. I think about the time we went to Florida and at 4:3o a.m I awoke to find him dressed on the side of the bed saying "are up getting up now"! This is Beijing, heaven help us. We had our final meeting today and got to see everyone. We have been asked by Global to do a story on our trip and will do our first interview on Tuesday night and they will go to the airport with us and be there when we come back hopefully with some of y'all. It will be a permanent record of our journey and we would love to have our friends in it. Well back to my packing and sorting and deciding that no Jules you can't take "everything" with you because we need room to bring stuff back - Yahoo! Please remember us in your prayers this week. I went to get a refill prescription of happy pills for the flight my doctor said is 5 enough...I say how about 30. Let's just say I'm well stocked. Pray for a safe and smooth flight. There is a bad outbreak of the flu in Beijing right now please pray for our health and the health of the families travelling. I'd ask you to pray for patience but I don't need that stress so close to our trip...hee hee. Pray instead that I take it one day at a time and that I fully rely on God. Pray also for Emily and her transition to us. Pray for our trip to the orphanage that it will be a positive experience. Pray for overall safety. Please also pray for our flights that none get cancelled and that the points we booked on don't cause any flights to get messed up please. Last but not least there is another Christian couple travelling with us from B.C. please pray for them and their two children who will also be travelling with our group. We'll miss you all but can't wait to get back and show off our new addition. I can't password protect this blog so if I have time I will be starting a web page that can be password protected but not to worry I'll make sure you have the password. If you don't hear from me though it is this blog I will use. Until my next post.

0 comments: