HAPPY NEW YEAR!



Well with Christmas over and the New Year about to begin we are getting closer and closer to our travel date. We really had a great Christmas Season. It began with our Classic Christmas Eve service at the church that was a blessing to play in. Son #2 played his Saxophone in a wee bit of a solo...we were so so proud of him. Mom was able to come and see him which was nice. Christmas we had a house full. Eighteen close family friends got together for some Turducken...yum yum good. I got everything I wanted and then some. Just missing my one big present but she'll arrive soon enough. It was great to hear the boys Christmas morning get up as usual and climb on top of Son#2's bed and open thier Christmas socks. I don't care how old they are it really was so sweet to hear them laugh and yack with each other. I tried to slow down the present opening but oh well it lasted for a wee bit. We had our traditional Christmas breakfast that we love except Son #2 informed us this year he hates it so we had the traditional breakfast plus something for him which apparently he didn't like either. Too funny. More for us! Boxing Day four of us went to see "In Pursuit of Happyness". It kind of drained me. Even though it was a good ending well I just felt blah afterwards. We went for more food at a friends house on the evening of the 26th. I worked the 27th, 28th and 29th. It was pretty slack though not much going on. Working towards buying things for our trip. Picked up a car seat today and a goob of other stuff bottles, blankets, clothes way too much to mention. Let's just say it ain't cheap! Fortunately we are blessed an got a good wad of money in Sears Gift Certificates which came in very very handy today. New Years Eve will be quiet at our house. Were not feeling very partyish this year. We are going to get a movie and Chinese food and kick back and just hang with Son #2 because Son #1 is away. He worked most of the holidays and now is away visiting friends. First trip away on his own. He's growing up so fast. Pretty awesome kids though. Emily has got two of the best big brothers she could ever hope or pray for. We are counting down the days and they are flying by now. We have to get our plane tickets reprinted tomorrow. I've already gone once and they restickered them with a sticker written in Gel pen on shiny paper. One big smudge. Now it looks like we printed the tickets with a sharpy. I'm not too comfortable travelling out of the country with those. I'll just have to pray that we get a nicer ticket agent. The last one wasn't having any part of reprinting them. I was told by Aeroplan to insist, obviously they've never dealt with an Air Canada Ticket agent. I'll just have to smile and take my DH with me. Let's see what that gets us. Happy New Year to everyone reading this. Please continue to pray that these next few weeks are productive and that we are organized for this trip that we've only had 2 years to prepare for! Pray for Emily and that God continues to wrap His loving arms around her and that she is not afraid of us when we take her from the orphanage. Until 2007 goodnight!

1 comments:

ShellJim said...

Happy Happy New Year! only 11 more sleeps to China....2007 is going to be an awesome Year....

Luv Shelly&Jim