Well finally I'm able to sit down in front of my computer and update this. We are still awaiting our TA (travel approval) from China to arrive. So all you folks reading this blog please pray that God's timing prevail and that if it is His will that we will go on the dates our plane tickets are now booked. My DH and I were to meet friends of ours for supper on Friday night then come back to the house to watch a movie on Chinese adoption. We had this planned all week. An hour before we are supposed to go to dinner my DH calls and tells me he has to work. Stinky. I wasn't upset because he was selling a house to people I really wanted to see get a house. He said he'd meet me. He called said he would be late. Called said he would come later. Called and said he'd meet me at home. So I drive home with "the friend" and when I drive down our long long driveway I see one car that belongs to good friends of ours and was excited they popped in to visit. However when pulling in front of the house saw a body running from a van to the house with a gift...the cat was out of the bag! A surprise shower! What a surprise it was. I was completely duped when I walked through the door there was 65 people in my house and only a few cars in the driveway...my dear boys shuttled and parked people all night. I was overwhelmed and here is why. When my two home grown boys were born we had great friends, and we were over the moon. However, even though God was definitely in it we didn't recognize it. With Baby #3 this is different. It isn't better just different. What is better is recognizing God and seeing the tremendous support that our church family has given us is incredible. I sometimes wonder if Emily is feeling the anticipation of her arrival all the way across the world because we can sure feel it here. Poor DH had to try and get the crib together for me...and good thing a dear friend had her DH pitch in to help...once again....because they got it together in 1/2 flat I'm told and I love it. What fantastic gifts we got, what a load of food that was eaten, what a night of laughs, tears and fellowship was had by all. To all of you that were here who are reading this thank you so much for making the night very special for us! Love you all oodles...smooch smooch hug hug. I meant to write in an earlier blog please comment on the blog so I know who is out there...sometimes I wonder if I'm all alone writing to myself!

About Me
- Julie Chaisson
- I am a 40 something Christian woman who is wanting to live her life wide open to make a difference in the world for God. I'm married to Mike and have two sons Matt and Andrew and a baby girl named Emily. We are embarking on an adventure together to help stop the world's orphan crisis.
Labels
- adoption (1)
- Bedtime woes (2)
- Blah Blah Blah (1)
- Brothers (1)
- cooking (1)
- Critters (1)
- Emily (4)
- Family (3)
- Fun (1)
- God Things (1)
- Halloween (1)
- Housework (1)
- Letting Children Grow Up (1)
- Menopause (2)
- Mom (2)
- Money saving ideas (1)
- Parenting (3)
- Potty training (1)
- service (1)
- Toilet Training (1)
Twitter Feed
Pageviews
Labels:
Emily
Well finally I'm able to sit down in front of my computer and update this. We are still awaiting our TA (travel approval) from China to arrive. So all you folks reading this blog please pray that God's timing prevail and that if it is His will that we will go on the dates our plane tickets are now booked. My DH and I were to meet friends of ours for supper on Friday night then come back to the house to watch a movie on Chinese adoption. We had this planned all week. An hour before we are supposed to go to dinner my DH calls and tells me he has to work. Stinky. I wasn't upset because he was selling a house to people I really wanted to see get a house. He said he'd meet me. He called said he would be late. Called said he would come later. Called and said he'd meet me at home. So I drive home with "the friend" and when I drive down our long long driveway I see one car that belongs to good friends of ours and was excited they popped in to visit. However when pulling in front of the house saw a body running from a van to the house with a gift...the cat was out of the bag! A surprise shower! What a surprise it was. I was completely duped when I walked through the door there was 65 people in my house and only a few cars in the driveway...my dear boys shuttled and parked people all night. I was overwhelmed and here is why. When my two home grown boys were born we had great friends, and we were over the moon. However, even though God was definitely in it we didn't recognize it. With Baby #3 this is different. It isn't better just different. What is better is recognizing God and seeing the tremendous support that our church family has given us is incredible. I sometimes wonder if Emily is feeling the anticipation of her arrival all the way across the world because we can sure feel it here. Poor DH had to try and get the crib together for me...and good thing a dear friend had her DH pitch in to help...once again....because they got it together in 1/2 flat I'm told and I love it. What fantastic gifts we got, what a load of food that was eaten, what a night of laughs, tears and fellowship was had by all. To all of you that were here who are reading this thank you so much for making the night very special for us! Love you all oodles...smooch smooch hug hug. I meant to write in an earlier blog please comment on the blog so I know who is out there...sometimes I wonder if I'm all alone writing to myself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(c) A Mature Mama.....Write On!
WP theme by | Courtesy of Piercing, Converted to blogpost template by BloggerThemes.Net

0 comments:
Post a Comment