Thanksgiving in the Wide Wide Open
















A few years ago we packed up and went camping for Thanksgiving. We went with some friends and cooked our turkey over an open fire. It was one of my most memorable Thanksgivings. So why not repeat it I say! We packed up the trailer and met the Schmu's and Clatt's at our second home in Ingonish. Friday was a beautiful day. The last time we went for Thanksgiving there were four trailers in the whole place...not this time. Much, much more activity! The great thing about having cooked turkeys outside once you can figure out how to fix what didn't work last time. We had a better cooker and smaller turkeys. It was nice because Son #1 and Son #2 were there so we actually got to spend Emily's first Thanksgiving together as a family of five. I love camping for that holiday because it makes me so thankful for so many things. For my family, for God cause we are in the wide wide open, for friends, food, sunshine, yams, my health, did I mention yams. I'm posting some of the pics from the weekend. Hope you enjoy and don't get too hungry....Mama visiting Son#1 signing out for the night!

0 comments: