Well it's been just about a month since my last post. What's new...well Emily started daycare a couple of days ago. She is pretty weepy...big sigh.....I hate it. The daycare is great I'm just struggling with the whole putting her in an "institutionalized" setting again. Major heartbreak. Our sitter had a baby and will Emily will eventually go there but this is to help Emily get caught up developmentally but I'm not sure if I'll make it. She's fine - I'm not.
We are moving right along with our charity. We are in need of an accountant for our board so ya'll have to be praying that God will send the right one along to us. Our name is official. Children From the Heart. We have made some incredible contacts and we are taking it one day at a time walking through one door at a time.
We had a reunion of the families who went to China together last weekend. It was great to see the girls all together again. What a blessing to see them growing and so so healthy. We've been cutting trees in our back yard. Picture my DH, a chainsaw and a rope tied to the bumper of a truck....well let's just say we could write an article now on the "Redneck Guide" to chopping down trees. What would Jeff Foxworthy say...."If you cut trees and tie them to the bumper of your truck....yyyyyoooouuuu might be a redneck"!
I'm taking an incredible bible study with Beth Moore at the church on Wednesday mornings. It's called Believing in God...pretty appropriate for what we got goin on lately. What else????Oh my Mom just celebrated her 85th birthday which was nice. Son #1 isn't dating "my girl" anymore...sniff sniff...I knew it was too good to be true. If you think about them please pray for her and for him. Breaking up isn't easy and even though they parted as friends pray that feelings and hurts would be healed. Son#1 is flying high literally. He flies three days a week and is loving life at university. He's doing well in his courses. After I got over the gasp of paying my first tuition for one of the kids I'm okey dokey now....Son #2 is doing great in school as well. We just take it one day at a time and pray pray pray them through their days. Basketball tryouts are next week. I'll let you know how that goes. I have another big prayer request. Good friends of ours just received news that their 1 year old has CF. Please pray for Ryan and for Gary and Rachel (his parents) that they can keep their eyes on God through all of this. They are an incredible couple and they will get through this but it's their first child together and well those of you with children can just imagine the heartache. It has become clear to me this week that you can have all the material possessions in the world, all the success in the world, seem to have it goin on in everything but if you don't have your health and if your kids don't have theirs well none of it matters really....you would trade it all in an instant. We are headed out for Thanksgiving in the 5th wheel....I can't wait. To be under the stars and just spending time being thankful for all that we have had the opportunity to experience this year. Family is a great thing. It makes you able to handle anything that comes your way. What else.....I am back to work November 1st....big sigh again. Don't get me wrong I am thankful for my job and I am thankful for my friends at work but well you know....big sigh. This time has gone much too quickly. Emily got to meet her aunt from Virginia today. They bought a summer home in Riverport a number of years ago and I finally was able to go there. I really enjoyed the day and Emily was very comfortable with her as well. I have to pack up the trailer tomorrow early so I'm going to sign off now. I posted my new favorite song...hope you enjoy. Mama almost on the road again...signing out.

About Me
- Julie Chaisson
- I am a 40 something Christian woman who is wanting to live her life wide open to make a difference in the world for God. I'm married to Mike and have two sons Matt and Andrew and a baby girl named Emily. We are embarking on an adventure together to help stop the world's orphan crisis.
Labels
- adoption (1)
- Bedtime woes (2)
- Blah Blah Blah (1)
- Brothers (1)
- cooking (1)
- Critters (1)
- Emily (4)
- Family (3)
- Fun (1)
- God Things (1)
- Halloween (1)
- Housework (1)
- Letting Children Grow Up (1)
- Menopause (2)
- Mom (2)
- Money saving ideas (1)
- Parenting (3)
- Potty training (1)
- service (1)
- Toilet Training (1)
Twitter Feed
Pageviews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(c) A Mature Mama.....Write On!
WP theme by | Courtesy of Piercing, Converted to blogpost template by BloggerThemes.Net

0 comments:
Post a Comment