So Many Firsts

Bought a new car for the first time

Celebrated Gotcha Day Anniversay For the First Time

Celebrated Christmas as a family of five For the First Time


I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted but then I can't believe how things have changed since I've posted. God is good people God is good. The last time I wrote I was just heading back to work. I have loads to catch you up on and this is a post about "for the first time" or FTFT. Emily started at her babysitters "for the first time" and loves it. It has been a blessing to have her in such a loving home. What a difference it makes to not have to be concerned about her. One of my worries about going back to work was that I would be caught up in the "land of familiar" and when the time came to leave and pursue Children from the Heart vigorously well I wouldn't be able to leave. God worked that all out for me. My job that I had when I left changed considerably with much much travel and hours of work. I was given the option to work on a project for a year or to leave and well after much prayer God made it very clear I was to leave so well soon I'll be unemployed (FTFT). Now you would think that would stress me but it doesn't. God has had his hand on our family for quite some time now and we have diligently been trying to walk with Him not before or behind. It is the scariest place to be and the most wonderful place to be. So I'm out of the boat again and in the water but it was so clear that God wants me away and clear from anything that is familiar and comfortable for me. I no longer play in Arise...the Christian band I have been playing in. Again, God asked for this and I spend months saying no. I figure well if he can sacrifice His Son for me I can sacrifice this great love that I have of music. So there you have it as of now I have no band, soon no job but it's the happiest I've been in ages. How crazy is that! Emily dressed up as a bumble bee for Halloween (FTFT) I don't think she was too too keen on it!We celebrated Emily's 1st 2nd birthday home (FTFT). She was so so cute. We had Christmas (FTFT) with Emily and we travelled to Sugarloaf with two other families. Great ski vacation. Emily wasn't too keen on the daycare with little Felix, and Hans and Frans in their unitards and baby Ugs. No skiing for Emily this year but she will next year. Can't wait. We celebrated New Years. Well we didn't actually celebrate. Emily barfed we gagged and cleaned and we fell asleep at 10:30...hee hee but it was good. Son #1 bought a new car (FTFT) and finished his first semester at university. Son #2 is hanging in there with his basketball. We celebrated Emily's Gotcha Day (FTFT) and tomorrow will be the anniversary of her arrival in Canada (FTFT). I am at times overwhelmed at God's hand on our lives. There are days that I am overwhelmed at the happiness that I feel. In good times and in bad as long as I remember He is in control it's all good! Well it's been a long time since I have posted so hopefully I'll get back to a routine. I checked my post last year on January 1st and the good news is that I finished my 15 week Bible study as research for my book and I have completed the introduction and the 1st chapter. We have formed our charity...Children from the Heart and we will have our board meeting (FTFT) next week. DH is away this weekend with Son#1 flying (FTFT) with him and skiing for the weekend. It's great for them to spend time together. That's all for now it's late and I need my beauty rest...lots and lots. Mama writing on and going to bed!

0 comments: