Children of the East

We found out from Global that they are going to begin airing our story in four parts starting on Tuesday March 6th. Tuesday is the story leading up to our trip and Wednesday is when we return back and life after China. Don't miss Thursday they will be interviewing Daisy a wonderful young woman who was adopted from China when she was 11. She's 21 now and just a fantastic young woman. Her story is awesome. Friday is the final segment and will show the Chinese adoption community here and how as parents and children we are supported and how the children's heritage is kept alive. It should be interesting. I'm nervous and not really sure why. I hope that it is honoring to the process. I must say that the folks from Global were amazing and they are going to give us a copy of the program and all of the raw footage they took and they also took our China video and saved it to a DVD for us as well so as soon as we get it I will upload the videos to Emily's website. This week has been busy busy. I started running on the treadmill and I've been going to Weight Watchers...so five days of killing myself on the treadmill I get weighed in and I actually gained weight. I of course did what any self respecting dieter would do...I ordered a donair pizza, ate two bags of tortilla chips, half a fruit cake, a pan of rice crispy squares and something that resembled an ice cream sandwich. Now don't worry I didn't eat it all at once I spread the binge out over 3 days but this morning I got up and got back on the treadmill. It's all good....ups downs. Just like life. Everyone just stayed clear. Now did I mention the weight I gained was .4lbs not 4 lbs but point 4. Imagine loosing it over point 4 but oh baby did I. I need to put something in place to stop myself from self destructing like that...how about a muzzle. Just kidding. Life at home is settling in nicely. I'm into a routine now I just need to source out a play group or maybe a swim lesson. Emily loves the water and what better way to remove the worry about living on a lake just teach her how to swim. I'll let you know how that turns out. Well I'd better get supper on the table for my men. This is TV Mama out!

1 comments:

Tamara, Matt, Bethany and Madelyn said...

As a fellow weight watcher attendee...don't be discouraged. The exercise will catch up in a couple of weeks and then you'll really start losing! I'm impressed that you're running on the treadmill! I'm in awe of people that can run and not die...like I do!