Thank You For Being a Friend!




Lola Wan is one of Emily's sisters from China. She is the youngest of the group. How is this for the cutest pic. She's smiling at Son #2 who has a way with the ladies apparently. I Emily and Lola had a hoot playing together. It was so nice to see her smiley face. I took this picture while they were both standing by the fireplace...don't yah just love it! One of my favorite pics.


What a week! It was go go go. Emily tried new things, met new friends and saw some familiar faces this week. We brought Campbell ( Emily's boyfriend) home a little Chinese outfit. How cute does he look. It was too funny because both of them were like greased pigs...slip slidding away. The only way that we could get Cam to remotely want to put up with us girls was to feed him Teddy Grahams. Emily never had those before. Bears with sugar yah..guess who loved them. Now that I think about it I loved them too. We went swimming and Emily loved it. Now I did take my boys swimming years and years ago but my how things change. Like the changing room. I went into the changing room late (I know....don't ask) it was a little further than I thought. I rush into the change room a bit frazzled, you see because I am a well kept woman and usually have three men in tow to open doors, carry bags, well just do what I need done. Mama was on her own. Bags and baby hanging off of me and in the family changing room I go. I quickly find my friends from China who are way more on the ball than I am. They have water diapers...what the heck are they? I will be getting some for this week. They are in their suits and babies ready to swim. Now luckily I had our suits on under our clothes and you will better understand why in a minute. I put Emily on the floor which by the way is wet and there is no where to sit her so on the knap sack she goes. I take off my pants just in time for the guy to walk by.....yes GUY! Since when do the guys and girls change together...I guess that's what family changing room means. Well thank goodness I had my suit on because I would have so dropped my pants with men in the room. Mercy what next. So we make it to the pool and it really was lovely. The water was warm, the company was great and Emily did love it. She chattered her teeth a fair bit but for the most part she loved it. Now getting dressed again was another story. I had the brainwave..."ok Julie dress the baby first". Right - Wrong! Now she's dressed I'm soaked the floor is soaked. Oh and I forgot to mention that the shower was like little needles she didn't like it much and in order to wash her off I had to let the shower hit me...so I was pretty much drenched...hair and all. Did I mention I didn't bring a coat either. Man what a laugh. I had to laugh because I'm soaking wet...trying to get undressed hoping the door won't open or a guy walk in...babies on the floor in the tiny change room...and I get a hot flash. Where are my men to pick up my bags, pick up the baby, open the door...ooops forgot I'm alone. My pants were falling down cause I forgot to tie them, I'm wearing a 2xl sweatshirt of my DH's ...hair wet and flat to my head...knapsack on one aim, swimming bag on the other, baby in front...and me walking with my legs two feet apart so my stupid pants won't fall down around my ankles...all this and steam rising from me as I walking to the van without a coat. Let's just say the Tim's I had later tasted really really good. I so suck on my own. God knows that and that's why he put me with such attentive guys. I have to do laundry next week. Yes I say week because I'm behind a week in it. Does the term mountain of laundry mean anything! Not complaining though I actually don't mind doing it. Oh the pants falling down thing....I went back to Weight Watchers. I gave a big story about the binge and how I wasn't ever coming back and that I probably gained yatta yatta...stepped on the scale and lost 2.8lbs...how incredible is that. That is a miracle! My brother and sister-law hit their goal weight this week...not with WW but another place. He lost 100.5lbs and she lost 52ish lbs. I'm so proud of them both. Son#1's birthday is next week and he'll be 18. I truly is hard to believe that 18 years have passed us by. I'm so proud of him. He just received his official acceptance to school and it's official at the end of June he's on his own. I'm surely going to miss him tons but God has great things planned for him I'm sure so I will release him gladly into God's hands. We had our first playgroup on Thursday which was nice to see the babies playing together. I took pictures but don't have them uploaded in time for this post. Emers had her first night terrors last week. I think it was because she missed a few naps. She loves her sleep and catching a catnap here and there doesn't work too well for her. She went ballistic. I tried calming her for at least 2 minutes. She was hysterical. I finally had to sit her on the change table and take her little face in my hands and tell her "it's ok baby girl ,you're here, you're home". That calmed her enough to at least let me console her. On a final note I sent an email out to everyone I had on my address book regarding a research project I'm doing for a book I'm writing. If you didn't receive a copy of the request and explanation make sure you put your email address in the comments and I'll send it along to you. I'm very excited about it. I've had a goob of people sign up to help. More than I thought would. My hope is to have people young, old, male, female from different parts of the world and backgrounds to participate. Please if your able I promise it will be a blessing. I think that's it for this weeks wrap up. Sorry for the delay in posting I was on the move but this coming week should be better. Oh, I have the Global stuff and our China video that I will be posting on Emily's website this week. I will let y'all know when it's done. Have a great night. Mama out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, LOVING your blog girl. Check mine out at payzantfive.blogspot.com

Tanya