Scared Out of My Wits


DH and I have been somewhat addicted to Netflix...well I have been the one addicted and I've just lured him into my sin! Have you ever been scared so bad that you really thought your chest would explode...you know the kind that takes you loads of time to "come down from"? I remember as a kid lying on my bed reading and hearing a banging on the underneath of my bed and thinking "I'm not hearing anything...I'm not hearing anything". As I mapped out my escape from my room I counted in my head one...two...three....took a breath and slowly dropped my legs over the side of the bed and bolted towards the door only to be grabbed from under the bed by my brother and dragged screaming under the bed. I remembered firsthand tonight what being that scared felt like. While watching a Jurassic Park type series tonight with DH...in the middle of the part where the velociraptor...clicks and is about to eat someone...you know the type of scene where you are riveted to the tv and the music is ominous and somebodies gonna die... just then I heard click click on the ceramic in the hallway. Just like the bed episode.. I had that same type of thought process..."I'm not hearing clicking in the house...I'm not hearing clicking in the house"...and you guessed it there WAS clicking. I caught movement out of the side of my eye to the left just as the velociraptor was about to eat someone out of the corner of my eye to the right and as I curled in the fetal position and stiffened like one of those goats that fall over with fright said in my lowest most terrified voice...."there's something in the house"! It turned out to be our dog who was supposed to be outside but somehow got inside unassisted just in time to scare the living daylights out of me and I in turn scared the living daylights out of my DH. He laughed afterward saying "where is Julie...well you see we were watching tv and the dog came in and now she's dead". So here I am now - I'm supposed to sleep with my adrenaline at the level of an Olympic sprinter just before a gold medal race. Not a chance and now that I think of it....I'm now down here alone and have to shut out the lights and make it upstairs....there is no clicking there is no clicking...stupid dinosaur movies. Mama almost out cold.

0 comments: