When to stop buying diapers?


You would think that I would be able to remember how I stopped wearing diapers on the boys. Yes I know that they are 18 and 20 years old but they are my only point of reference for Emily. Here's how I knew they had reached certain milestones. Matt walked up to me one day, handed me his soother and said " I don't think I need this anymore". "Okey dokey"...time to get rid of the soother. Andrew was able to put his bubba on the second shelf of the cupboard (without a stool)...no problem, time to pack away the bubba -no conflict. Emily still wears a diaper at night. Two days ago while she was using the "facilities" she realised that we were out of TP and from the washroom came this yelling little voice - "Hey we need toilet paper". The next morning when I removed her diaper she promptly went down stairs and told Mike - "Daddy you need to go to Sobeys - I need toilet paper and diapers...I want Cinderella diapers". That night when we picked her up from the babysitters from the backseat came this nagging voice "Daddy did you get my diapers"? Rule #45 in potty training if your child can give directions to the grocery store, order diapers and follow up with you to see if you got said diapers...yes it is time to stop buying them. Good to know. Mama out.

0 comments: