Bedtime is Crib time?


Wow I can't believe that this much time has passed and I haven't posted. Just goes to show you that old habits die easy not hard! Life is moving along and Em is growing like a weed. Her new thing is that DH is "dah man". "Daddy you're the best king ever"! Yes he is...yes he is. I've been thinking that I should be putting Em in a big girl bed but well she loves the crib and the whole she hasn't figured out that she can get out just yet seems to be working for me. So what if she will be almost four. I figure Son#1 had a soother until he could talk in complete sentences, Son#2 had a bubba at night until he was 7 why not sleep Em in a crib until......well....just until I can have an adult conversation with her around the whole "don't even think about getting out of that bed a hundred times"conversation and "while your at it could you take that diaper off too". Not quite sure when I'm going to venture into the diaperless sleeping. That is the worst. I remember Son#1 was brutal - in and out and in and out and in and out of our bedroom and up and down the stairs and crying and...well you get the picture. Em can sleep in the crib until she's twelve I don't care. I remember waking up and Son#2 would be a centimetre from my nose and just about give me a heart attack and I was 27. I'm 45 now I will have a heart attack! No I think the crib is lovely just lovely. It amazes me at just how laid back this mature parenting is. No pressure...no pushing....just chillin with the family. We are so not the scheduled, say a thousand words, participate in every thing parents that we used to be. Somehow maybe Em got ripped - but I don't think so. There is plenty of time for all of that really. Family is what we are trying to push, to be with and enjoy your family and to know what it means to be part of it. Yes plenty of time for that other stuff and plenty of time to be in a big girl bed I say who needs the conflict. Not this mature Mama. Mama out.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie,
Gary and I loved this post - it gave us a good laugh and made us feel better about some "stuff" too :0)