
Now isn't this a handsome couple! This is Son #2 with his prom date Kayla. This weekend marked another milestone in our home. Another prom down and another graduation on the way. We are so proud of Andrew. Andrew loves God and has some pretty definite plans around what he wants to do with his live. He received a full scholarship to University and is just heading into this young adult male portion of his life. He has his head screwed on just right and is about to embark on his journey of independence from us and we couldn't be happier for him. I look at this picture and can not believe where the time has gone. In a blink we are here. I've not been writing much because of some bad
ju ju happening in my extended family since Mom's death and it has been disturbing to say the least. As I look at this picture I realise that this is what part of my life has been about. Raising Godly men and women and doing the best that you can for a Creator that entrusted this child to us. This stage in parenting is always the worst because as they begin a life independent of you there is this release back to God with the prayer "let him be all he can be for You". "May he fulfill his every purpose that You have created him for and may he soar to heights that only you can take him". Life is about focusing on the positive and not the negative life is about moving on...I am moving on past my extended family and the mess surrounding my Mom's death.....Andrew is moving on past the years of high school and adolescence, Matt is moving through his career as an officer serving our country and Emily is moving past the trying threes, Mike is moving along with us supporting, praying and finding his place alongside of us. The point is we are moving and that is ever so much better than standing still and stuck in the past...Moving that's where our family is right now on the move and I couldn't be happier. Will it all be smooth? No way and what fun would that be! Mama out.
0 comments:
Post a Comment