Modesty

A good friend of mine sent me an email today because I have a daughter. I love that it was a guy who sent this to me. I love that this guy and his wife are soon going to have their own daughter and he is thinking about this stuff. Modesty in our young girls. I had a conversation with my boys over the last few months. Separately, but about the same thing. I am one of those Mom's much to the dismay of my sons who asks lots of questions about what they want in a relationship....who likes them, who do they like. Now I have a daughter. Completely different beast. She is a beast too some days. Gotta love her though. I loved the simplicity of these few guidelines that if followed should help any woman young or old to do a modesty check on themselves.

"Four Guidelines for Modesty":
1. If you have trouble getting into it or out of it, it is probably not modest.
2.If you have to be careful when you sit down or bend over, it is probably not modest.
3.If people look at any part of your body before looking at your face, it is probably not modest.
4.If you can see your most private body parts or an outline of those parts under the fabric, it is
probably not modest.

These were taken from Michael Hyatt's blog.

I love the simplicity of them. I love common sense which many in our society today seem to have lost.

"If you think these guidelines are helpful, you might want to pass them along to the young women you know. Evidently, not many are getting the message elsewhere."

Well said and a good place to end. Mama out.

Photo-Deviant Art - LaVolpe

0 comments: