I....Son #1















... do Solemnly swear I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors according to law, forever. So help me God."

Well he finally did it. Son #1 is officially an officer candidate for the Canadian Armed forces. We are so proud of him. Truly we are. As freaked out as I was about the whole thing the reality is that our son wants to serve and protect his country. What an incredible calling. What better place for a young man who loves Jesus. What an incredible opportunity to live out his faith. What an incredible opportunity to serve. We are overjoyed for him. He has wanted to be a pilot since he could talk and now he is one step closer to living his dream. I love that he has never wavered from what he believed God called him to do. Here is what sucks about this though we were not able to be there. He has been waiting forever for this call and of course we are in Indiana when it happens...grrrrrr....oh well I'm guessing the last thing he needed was his Mama blubbering in the background but I wish I was there. It was kind of like the big award he got in Grade Twelve and we walked through the door just after her received it! Ah well he knows we are crazy about him. Pray for him y'all as he begins boot camp on the weekend. I won't see him for three months because he will be in training until December and with university, flying and that well he has enough to do. We love you Matt and think you will make an incredible officer. Proud Mama out.

0 comments: