I have always loved to drive. I think it was a control thing but if I wasn't driving I wasn't going. I say was because the older I get the more I hate it. In keeping with the whole well kept woman thing I've become very very comfortable with being chauffeured from place to place. I sit in my passenger seat and instruct whoever is driving, I help choose the music and point out any unforeseen obstacles. I'm into the "Driving Miss Julie" thing. I really rather enjoy my new role. Therefore, when I realized that I had to drive back from Ingonish yesterday I wasn't looking forward to a five hour drive. Son #2 and Baby girl kept me company. Now I forgot to mention the whole sleeping in the car thing. I could never sleep but seems the older I get I just can't stay awake. Are you starting to get the picture? Can't stay awake - doesn't like to drive. Let's just say after only an hour all I wanted was a nap. I struggled big time just to make it to the Irving station and hoped that a bathroom break and walking around would help. I thought that I would have to pull over and nap. It didn't help that the rain teemed down. So I send Son#2 into the lady at the Irving and told him to get me an energy drink. I know I know...me on an energy drink. It's like giving a squirrel an upper. DH just giggled and said good luck. How bad could it be? Son #2 after some threats went and got it for me. After I downed the bottle about the size of the shampoo bottles in hotels I thought I should read the side effects. Problem is though the bottle was so small it could have said your teeth would fall out I wasn't reading it. I guess middle aged people don't drink these things. Son #2 warned me of the redness and hot skin. So what else is new this is menopause in a little teeny tiny bottle. After about an hour my pupils were the size of dimes and there was no way I was going to nod off. At hour number 8 after we were home the little bottle wore off. I crawled into bed and woke up at 9:00 this morning. It is kind of like liquid happy pills. Pills to calm me and liquids to keep me awake...yeah baby this being on the ragged edge thing isn't so bad as long as I keep this stuff around! MMMMAAAAAMMMMA....a little jittery out!

About Me
- Julie Chaisson
- I am a 40 something Christian woman who is wanting to live her life wide open to make a difference in the world for God. I'm married to Mike and have two sons Matt and Andrew and a baby girl named Emily. We are embarking on an adventure together to help stop the world's orphan crisis.
Labels
- adoption (1)
- Bedtime woes (2)
- Blah Blah Blah (1)
- Brothers (1)
- cooking (1)
- Critters (1)
- Emily (4)
- Family (3)
- Fun (1)
- God Things (1)
- Halloween (1)
- Housework (1)
- Letting Children Grow Up (1)
- Menopause (2)
- Mom (2)
- Money saving ideas (1)
- Parenting (3)
- Potty training (1)
- service (1)
- Toilet Training (1)
Twitter Feed
Pageviews
Labels:
Menopause
I have always loved to drive. I think it was a control thing but if I wasn't driving I wasn't going. I say was because the older I get the more I hate it. In keeping with the whole well kept woman thing I've become very very comfortable with being chauffeured from place to place. I sit in my passenger seat and instruct whoever is driving, I help choose the music and point out any unforeseen obstacles. I'm into the "Driving Miss Julie" thing. I really rather enjoy my new role. Therefore, when I realized that I had to drive back from Ingonish yesterday I wasn't looking forward to a five hour drive. Son #2 and Baby girl kept me company. Now I forgot to mention the whole sleeping in the car thing. I could never sleep but seems the older I get I just can't stay awake. Are you starting to get the picture? Can't stay awake - doesn't like to drive. Let's just say after only an hour all I wanted was a nap. I struggled big time just to make it to the Irving station and hoped that a bathroom break and walking around would help. I thought that I would have to pull over and nap. It didn't help that the rain teemed down. So I send Son#2 into the lady at the Irving and told him to get me an energy drink. I know I know...me on an energy drink. It's like giving a squirrel an upper. DH just giggled and said good luck. How bad could it be? Son #2 after some threats went and got it for me. After I downed the bottle about the size of the shampoo bottles in hotels I thought I should read the side effects. Problem is though the bottle was so small it could have said your teeth would fall out I wasn't reading it. I guess middle aged people don't drink these things. Son #2 warned me of the redness and hot skin. So what else is new this is menopause in a little teeny tiny bottle. After about an hour my pupils were the size of dimes and there was no way I was going to nod off. At hour number 8 after we were home the little bottle wore off. I crawled into bed and woke up at 9:00 this morning. It is kind of like liquid happy pills. Pills to calm me and liquids to keep me awake...yeah baby this being on the ragged edge thing isn't so bad as long as I keep this stuff around! MMMMAAAAAMMMMA....a little jittery out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(c) A Mature Mama.....Write On!
WP theme by | Courtesy of Piercing, Converted to blogpost template by BloggerThemes.Net

0 comments:
Post a Comment