Breaking through the Wall of Fear!

Well my friends Friday was my last day at work. I realized much over these past couple of weeks concerning my ten years at work. When God pressed upon our hearts to shed all that was familiar in November apprehensively I said yes but whoa baby was I afraid. As my departure date loomed in January my anxiety level increased for two reasons. One I was in the middle...looking back at what was and looking ahead at what was to come. When I was asked to stay the extra 8 weeks I thought it was God's will. It definitely wasn't. The minute I said yes to staying I in essence turned back towards familiar and even though the anxiety subsided sadness replaced it because deep down I knew that wasn't the right direction for me but to turn the other way I smacked into a wall of fear. Essentially I stayed in front of that wall and stared at it. Friday I jumped through it and now I'm on the other side and oh how awesome it feels to have moved beyond that familiar place into the land of "who freakin knows" but it feels much better here than there. God is teaching me to be in the now and live each day that He gives me one day at a time and I welcome it I look forward to it. I don't know what God has in the future for us but I know whatever the mountain is He will either equip me to climb it or simply speak it to move it I'm just going to enjoy the journey. Big steps is what we are taking, big scary steps. We are about to engage on the journey of a lifetime and that is so much better for me than what I was doing before. Not that what I was doing before wasn't important because I have lifetime friendships with some incredible people but we are stepping out of our comfort zone, outside of the four walls of our church and we are going to try and make a difference in this world for Christ. Update on Mom....she is still in the hospital but should be out today. My sis is still sick so continue to pray for her and Emily is on the mend. Easter is around the corner and my family will be together again...can't wait. God is good. I'll leave today with Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Have a great day....Mama out!

0 comments: