
One of the things I was so looking forward to when moving to the country was the peace and quite and living with the wildlife. That was before the wildlife took over our life. It started when we lived in Fall River and put up with the attack owl, ghostly loons, suicidal rabbits and well just stupid hosta eating deer. That was the old house. This is a new lake with new critters. There is the ancient deer path that runs across our driveway. You know, kind of like the elephants in Africa well we have a herd of deer in Oakfield. What this means is anytime day or night you may round a corner only to have four or five deer jump in front of the vehicle. I've threatened to have one of our friends bring their gun during hunting season....bwahhahahaha...kidding, kidding.....well not really. Next we contended with the nervous, insane racing pheasant. Yes every so often it runs in front of the vehicles straight down the middle of the driveway at about 40 km's per hour every two seconds turning and looking over it's shoulder with a look of sheer terror in its eyes....just get off the road...crazy bird! Squirrels love to torture our dogs dropping nuts on their heads and well the loons are back. The Canada geese arrived last week....honk...honk...honk.....all hours of the night only! Good thing they are protected like the attack owl was or there would be a few less Canada Geese flying south in the fall. We have a colony of bats that live in our back yard that comes out at dusk. Sort of like Transylvania out back. They love to eat bugs so I'll put up with them as long as they keep eating bugs. However, nothing is as bad as well I'm not really sure what they are. I say they because there are many many many of "them". At about 12:00-1:00 in the morning what seems like hundreds of well let's call them jungle birds perch in the trees outside out window and well make jungle bird sounds most of the night. Now we have gotten used to them but I've also gotten accustomed to the quiet of the winter night. Well spring is here and well the critters have returned. Nearly hit four deer leaving the driveway, the loons are apparently mating, the geese well I'm not sure what they're doing maybe rebuking the loons for mating....who knows but they aren't doing it quietly and well the jungle things are back.....mmmmm....country living. Now that my sleep is disrupted by the critters I can sort of live with this however what is really killing me is probiotics. What is it you say....I wish I had known about a week ago. Son #1 asked me to take the probiotic challenge. It's a certain bacteria that is added to yogurt that is really really good for your bowels. My bowels were just fine thank you! That should have been my first clue! Just eat this yogurt for 14 days and your better than new....right? Maybe? Two days into this I asked Son#1 to look and see what it does to a person. Well warning probiotics may cause bloating and diarrhea. I can confirm that you can change the may to will!! I'm sure my bowels will be fine as will the rest of my family because well you fill in the rest. Mama bloated, sleepless and well belly grumbling signing out.



0 comments:
Post a Comment