was this handy little trick. It was brilliant so I thought I would pass it along. I apologize to Oprah because for the life of me I can't find it again so I can't give the credit where it is due but somewhere deep in the Oprah site is the author of this so I lay no claim to it at all.
Like I said I am not domestic at all however I do LOVE to bake. I'm not very good at it but no matter what I make my family gobbles it up in one night. I'm not kidding. If I make one dozen cookies gone. Two dozen cookies gone...you get my drift. This is my solution to that problem. I made chocolate chip cookies and doubled the recipe. I baked two dozen and then did this....I bought eggs for the cookies in a see through container. I think the camping egg containers would also work but for these I used the container that the eggs came in. I simply scooped each egg

holder full (did I mention I did wash this container with soap and water). I then folded one side of the container over.Then closed the whole thing and viola a neatly packed stackable for the freezer cookie dough container. How awesome is that!
Now if I want one cookie I can bake just one cookie. If I want a dozen I bake a dozen. It got me thinking that with Christmas just around the corner how awesome would it be to yes bake some cookies but what about if you froze a bunch of your dough instead of the cookies themselves. You would always have fresh cookies for your guests as well as having that yummy smell in the

house when they arrive. I love it. I think you could probably freeze the dough on cookie sheets too and put them in plastic containers like you freeze strawberries....oh my goodness I am out of control. Options lots of options for lots of cookies freshly baked whenever you want them. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos stupid iphone not really sure how to focus it yet!
Did I mention I've been on a diet so anyone want an egg carton full of cookie balls...hee hee. Mama out.



1 comments:
Great idea, Julie!!!!! Thanks for sharing it so we can all look smart!!! ;0)
Post a Comment