Lost in Ingonish


I have yet another new addiction in my life. I think that I was possibly one of the few people around that had never ever seen an episode of Lost. I remember many a time that we would be engaged in an activity of one sort or another and have to halt because one or two couldn’t possibly stay because “I can’t miss Lost”. I would think twits. I don’t watch much tv. When I first left my job I became a tv junky and decided unless I wanted to be 400lbs and pasty white I had best find another hobby. I’m still pasty white but I kicked the habit so now I just watch a few carefully selected “good” programs. You know the ones I mean – How to Look Good Naked – The Biggest Loser – American Idol (woot woot) – Extreme Home Make Over- The Amazing Race (woot, woot, woot) and of course an occasional Oprah. I don’t watch Oprah much anymore I’ve had to boycott her because she’s gone weird on me. But that’s pretty much it. I was at one point in my life addicted to CSI. Another time I was addicted to Star Trek. I unfortunately passed that along to Son #1. I am usually a reader not a watcher. Last week we were at Blockbuster to rent a movie. We’d seen pretty much everything that looked interesting. Son#1 and I passed the “Popular TV Show” aisle and scanned to see if we could pick something out. We had already cruised through House whenever I visited him at university last year so we wanted to pick another one. As I scanned the titles....Friends ?– Nah.....House ? Been there done that. 24 Hours? A possibility. Lost? NO...Maybe...Seems popular....oh why not. Lost is about to start season five. Lots of potential to watch four other seasons over the next year visiting at university. The rest is as they say is history. That was Tuesday. This is Saturday. I have been travelling back and forth to Blockbuster getting my fix. We left for Ingonish on Thursday with the usual supplies however I added one extra to the list. Six DVD’s of Lost each with four episodes. I thought that would last me until Son #1 came next week. This is Saturday we came late Thursday night. I only have two discs left! I love this show. No wonder the twits wanted to leave when we were out doing stuff...I don’t want to leave the trailer. DH and Son #2 are watching the Olympics at night and as baby girl sleeps I’m balled up in the bed with my mini DVD player two inches from my face saying things as I watch like....WHAT! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! NO WAY! I’ve laughed – I’ve cried – I’ve covered my eyes- I’ve jumped just about out of my skin. I am completely and utterly addicted. I have to take a break today. My ear is killing me from the headphones in my ear. We’re beaching it today the sun is magnificent and it’s a beautiful Ingonish morning. I can’t wait to see Son #1 on Thursday to tell him how much I love him, to spend the last few days of his summer vacation with him and well did I mention he’s bringing my next fourteen DVD’s of Lost with him. Mama Lost in Ingonish Out.

0 comments: